Reading football stadium is off the M4 (junction 11). The stadium is named after Reading’s chairman Sir John Madejski. Reading Football Stadium cost more than £50m to build. The pitch looks flawless, a system of synthetic fibers are interwoven with natural grass, installed at a cost of more than £750,000! No wonder it looks flawless!
There are 24,161 seats.The record attendance was 24,134 for Reading vs Manchester United game in January 2008. If you want the best views then you can book one of the 28 Executive Suites. Families sit in the West stand for home games, there is a restaurant and concourse bars. Plus the Megastore which is open on Monday – Saturday 9 am-5.30 pm. This is also the entrance where players enter. The North Stand is behind the goal. The Jazz cafe which is a live music venue is at the East Stand.
Madejski Stadium Events
The Royal Berkshire Conference Centre is often used for wedding receptions. It has the capacity of 700 guests. The 4 rooms that can accommodate 100 people which is good for conferences.
You can also experience behind the scenes tours. Some people book the tours for a birthday party you can book individual tours too. The tours are enjoyed by both adults and children. They are a chance to really learn about what happens behind the scenes at Reading Football Club.
The Madejski Stadium Tour Includes:
- Relive some of the most defining moments in the club’s history
- Kick back and relax in the Players’ Lounge
- Get up close with the replica of the Championship Winner’s trophy
- Enjoy the stadium’s amazing view from the Directors’ Lounge
- Follow in the footsteps of your Royals heroes, by taking your place in the dressing room
- Venture onto the pitch side to view the hallowed turf
- Find out everything about the club you love
- Receive a 10% discount voucher for the Megastore
- Behind the scenes experience at the Madejski Stadium
If you are having a birthday party you can book a football match for the children at the beginning of the tour with a coach. You can bring your own food and cake to celebrate.
Hotels near Madejski Stadium
Hillingdon Prince Hotel is an ideal location to stay when you come to Reading Football Club. Whether you are watching a football match, attending a wedding or a conference, our local Budget Hotel Reading will make it feel like a home away from home. We have ample free parking, you can leave your car on site and take a bus or taxi to the stadium if you prefer not to park at the stadium. Or you can drive to the stadium and park there, the stadium is a 10-minute drive.
You can enjoy our full English Breakfast, which is discounted if you book directly with us online. After your busy day, you can relax in our lounge bar and enjoy one of our bar meals. If you prefer you can book one of our rooms that has a kitchenette with a microwave so you can warm up your own food.
Top tips for finding the lowest prices when booking.
1. Always book on the Hillingdon Prince Hotel website.
2. Book Early, if you book 8 days in advance there are extra savings with our advance purchase rates, these can be canceled up to 4pm the day before without charge and you do not need to pay in advance
4. The good guide to booking will ensure you get exactly what you are looking for.
If you feel like exploring Reading whilst staying with us, get some ideas from our Visit Reading.
Whatever the reason for your visit to Reading Football Stadium we look forward to welcoming you to our town.