To help you take the stress out of packing we have compiled a checklist to make your stay at hotel Reading enjoyable from the outset. This is the ultimate travel packing list as we have only included the essentials which makes for easier travelling.
Choose the right luggage depending on the duration of your trip. There are different types of luggage to choose from.
- Duffel Bag – is great for an overnight stay. They are lightweight and easy to carry.
- Backpack – if you want to be totally hands free these are the bags for you. They come in all sizes so are great for an overnight stay or if you are staying for a few days. You can also buy a wheeled backpack which is ideal if you want to give your back a rest whilst traveling.
- Carry-On – if you are travelling via plane carry on luggage is great as you will save time at the airport, save on check in fees. Ideal if you are staying for a week or more.
- 4-Wheels – are great to keep the weight off your wrist as you just roll your bag by your side, these bags seem to be becoming more popular, ideal for a week or more stay.
If you are packing for a long stay to keep things organised you can use compression sacs or cubes these reduce the volume of your clothes by up to 80%. Or you can use packing organisers which are great as you can just pop the organiser in the hotel drawers which will save you time and hassle when you arrive.
This depends on the season so pick and choose accordingly from our list below.
- Trousers and/or shorts
- Long sleeved shirts
- Shoes and/or sandals
- Rain jacket/Umbrella
- Mobile phone and charger
- Electric converters and adaptors
Below is a basic list of toiletries, the bare minimum, feel free to add other items you usually use.
- Razor blades
- Hairbrush and/or comb
- Personal hygiene items
- Prescription Medicine
If you are travelling from abroad you will also need
- Travel documents
- Travel insurance
We provide the following items in the hotel so no need to pack these…
- Shower Gel
- Iron and Iron board
- Tea and Coffee
Just in case you were thinking of packing your fridge and microwave! We provide these, you just need to bring your own food. Plates and cutlery are also provided.
Remember we offer free wifi (superfast if you book via our priority club) If you do not wish to bring your laptop we offer complimentary use of our computers.